On passing the test for this course, you will receive a Certificate of Successful Course Completion and an invitation to continue with your education.
- Surface to volume ratio: the geometric dimension of energy efficiency.
- Thermal building physics: what makes houses maintain warmth?
- Ventilation: energy efficient options for fresh air.
- Hot water: options to further reduce CO2.
- Indoor environmental quality and energy efficiency: where is the connection?
- The social dimension of energy-efficient housing.
- Passive Houses: the spearhead of energy-efficient housing.
You will receive a printable copy of the lecture slides, and instructions for further learning in your own time. You will need to set aside about 4 hours each week for homework.
08 February 2022, 18:00 start (2h duration)
Course fee: NZ$2,254.23, inclusive of 15% GST; PHINZ member discounts apply
Laptop with wireless capacity, office software, and THERM (free software) installed.
Secondary school education. Experience in the building sector is also highly recommended for successful course completion.